Staffordshire Women’s Aid has established a reputation for our work delivering training on domestic and sexual violence and related issues,
which is informed by 45 years of knowledge and experience of delivering specialist services. Alongside the provision of front-line services, we aim to
create positive change in our local communities through training, research, publicity and preventative education.
Who is this training for?
Any professional working with families or individuals who have experienced, or are at risk of experiencing, domestic violence and abuse or sexual
assault and abuse.
What do the courses cover?
• The extent and impact of domestic/sexual violence on victims and their families
• Exploring myths & stereotypes around domestic/sexual violence
• Understanding the barriers to disclosure of abuse and how professionals can help break down those barriers by providing the appropriate response
• A basic knowledge of the law regarding sexual violence to understand when a crime has been committed
• How agencies can improve practise in responding to victims/survivors effectively and safely
“One of the best training days I have been on.”
“Exceeded my expectations of learning. All very helpful and thought provoking. Everything was relevant and useful. I feel better
prepared to support and process any disclosures of DV in my work now.”
We deliver multi-agency CPD accredited training throughout the year. We can also deliver in-house training for your organisation,
this can be particularly effective if you want to train a number of staff/volunteers.
For further information about our training, including course dates and costs, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Change That Lasts – Ask Me Training
For further information about Ask Me please email email@example.com